The Research, Innovation, and Technology Transfer Center (RITTC) at A’Sharqiyah University (ASU) aims to become a leading hub for research management and development, contributing to capacity building and innovation promotion to support the realization of Oman Vision 2040. RITTC seeks to enhance the research-innovation-technology transfer nexus through applied research that fosters national and international socio-economic development
The Research Management Specialist will be based in the Research Management Section (RMS) of RITTC and will be responsible for managing various internal and external research funding programs, including research grants, conference support funds, collaborative research visits, incentives for research and scholarly publications, publication support programs, and consultancy and training activities.
The Research Management Specialist shall be in charge of or assisting in the following:
- Processing application forms for internal and external research funding programs, conference support, collaborative research visits, publication incentives, and consultancy/training programs.
- Submission and evaluation of research grant proposals.
- Monitoring the progress of funded research projects.
- Overseeing and auditing financial expenditures of research projects in coordination with the Finance and Internal Audit Departments.
- Recruiting research assistants, fellows, and postdoctoral researchers with the HR Department.
- Facilitating the purchase of research materials and equipment with the Procurement and Contracts Department.
- Implementing research-related policies and procedures.
- Ensuring the submission of progress and final reports for funded projects.
- Supporting the Institutional Research Focal Point of ASU and MoHERI.
- Organizing research-related workshops, seminars, talks, and activities.
- Compiling, analyzing, and archiving institutional research data and activities.
- Updating records of research activities and funding programs.
- Developing the annual operational plan and annual report for RITTC.
- Providing research data for accreditation processes.
- Managing data requests for university ranking platforms (e.g., QS, THE, Shanghai).
- Updating the University's research website and RITTC's social media accounts.
- Developing research data management and application-processing systems.
- Providing statistical data, research achievements, and reports at different levels.
- Managing requests to support internal and external researchers with surveys.
- Coordinating with MoHERI on issues related to the iLAB platform.
- Recognizing staff achievements through monthly assessments.
- Promoting ASU's research achievements through the circulation of facts and figures.
- Supporting the University Research Ethics and Biosafety Committee (UREBC) in ethical approvals.
- Coordinating with the Public Relations and Media Department for graphics and media coverage of research activities.
- Undertaking any other task as directed by the RITTC director in support of the University operations and initiatives.
Research management experience is an added advantage. Fresh graduates with good CGPAs are encouraged to apply.
A Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline where English is the medium of instruction.