Librarian is responsible for maintenance of the Learning Resources Center and its collections and providing information and research services to users. Librarian ensures that library materials are current, easily accessible and available to library users.
- To identify, evaluate and recommend for purchase of books and other library materials.
- To classify and catalogue the library materials, both print and electronic.
- To manage the circulation of library collection and prepare usage statistics.
- To maintain the record of journals and newspapers received and inform the vendors of discrepancy.
- To provide reference and information services to library users.
- To assist the Director Library in preparing the library budget proposals.
- To conduct the library orientation sessions for new students and faculty.
- To guide and assist students and faculty in the use of library services, resources and information technologies.
- To maintain the discipline in the library and implement rules and regulations.
- To promote the use of the library services and resources through orientation and instruction.
- To help students in preparing class assignments and projects.
Any other duties as assigned by Director of Library.
2 years of experience as Librarian preferably in an academic library or fresh graduate with high CGBA
- Excellent in using computer including word processing, spreadsheets, email, databases, Internet searching and integrated library management systems.
- Knowledge and experience of using library management system.
- Effective written and communication skills.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to deal fairly and effectively with large groups of male and female students.
- Fluent in English & Arabic.
Bachelor degree in Library and Information Science from a recognized university.